Description: This training is designed to guide teachers and child care providers in implementing an anti-bias, multicultural approach in the class or program. This class will help them meet standards set by state quality initiatives and accreditation programs.
Be sure to review our FAQ for more information on how Child Care Lounge classes work.
Check the status of this Child Care Lounge class in your state:Be sure to click on your state to see what specific classes are approved,
as some states approve classes individually.
Class Learning Objectives:
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the rationale and goals of an anti-bias multicultural approach
- Reflect on their own biases and attitudes towards diversity
- Cite ways to respond to discrimination and stereotypes in the classroom
- Give examples of ways to respond to children's questions and comments
- Evaluate the classroom environment and materials to meet the goals of this approach
- Select appropriate books that meet the goals of this approach
- Compare appropriate and inappropriate ways to use this approach in the curriculum
- Give examples of appropriate activities to plan for young children
- Identify ways to ensure your program is welcoming and respectful to all families and children
Value: Completion of the class is worth twelve (12) clock hours*.
[*If you live in the state of Georgia, this class is approved for six clock hours. Click here for Enrollment.]
Credit: A certificate will be sent to you via email upon completion.
Enrollment: The enrollment fee is $28.85. (always at 1/2 price!) You may pay for the class online (using credit/debit card or PayPal) or use the printable order form (using check, money order, or credit/debit card). If ordering with printable order form, the class material will be sent either as you request - via email or via postal mail ($8 handling fee for class printouts; $5 handling fee for class on CD).
To Enroll in the Anti-bias Approach Online Course
email us for more information
To enroll in the online training class, The Anti-bias Approach, use the form in the right hand column on this page. You can pay online with a credit/debit card or PayPal, or print out the form to pay by check or money order.
After You Enroll
As soon as you complete payment information, you will receive the information to access the class. Two emails will also be sent to the buyer - an email with your Purchase Receipt, and an email with information to access the class. (Be sure to check spam or junk folders if you don't see the emails).
If you are purchasing for another person, be sure to forward the class information email to them, as they will NOT receive an instant email.
If you have purchased via mail or fax, you will receive class information by email, once payment is received and processed.