This is an introductory class that will introduce the student to children with autism. Students will learn specific guidelines for adapting their programs to meet the needs of these children, as well as strategies for communicating with parents and working with other professionals.
Class Learning Objectives
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- List the signs and symptoms of Autism and how a child is diagnosed
- Identify current rates of autism and its prevalence among sex and race
- List the laws regarding special needs students and their rights to care and education
- Describe how a child may enter their program
- Discuss specific strategies for helping an autistic child adapt to daily routines and structure, and adaptations to classroom activities
- Develop a plan for communications with parents, therapists, etc. while meeting the child's treatment plan or IEP
2 clock hours/.2 ceus
To Enroll in the Autism in Your Child Care Setting Online Course
To enroll in the online training class, Autism in Your Child Care Setting, use the form above. You can pay online with a credit/debit card or PayPal, or print out the form to pay by check or money order.
After You Enroll
As soon as payment is processed,an email will be sent to the buyer including the purchase receipt, and information to access the class. Please read the entire email for directions and enrollment code Be sure to check spam or junk folders if the purchaser doesn't see the email.
If you are purchasing for another person, be sure to forward the class information email to them, as they will NOT receive an instant email.
If you have purchased via mail or fax, you will receive class information by email, once payment is received and processed.
Ask About Our Group Discounts:
email us for more information