Here are a listing of children's books to buy or read for different themes including illness, family, adoption and moving.
- Adam's Daycare by Julie Overnell-Carter. Annick Press, 1997
- Going to Daycare by Fred Rogers. Putnam, 1985.
- Going to my Nursery School by Susan Kuklin. Bradbury, 1990.
- Jesses's Daycare by Amy Valens. Houghton Mifflin, 1990.
- My Day Care Book by Jeffery Brand and Nancy Gladstone. Gryphon House, 1985.
- We Play by Phyllis Hoffman. Harper & Row, 1990.
- I Hear a Noise by Diane Goode. Dutton, 1988.
- I Want to Sleep in Your Bed by Harriet Sieffert. Harper and Row, 1990.
- Night Noises by LaVerne Johnson. Parent's Magazine Press, 1968.
- Scared of the Dark by Liza Alexander. Western Publishing Co., 1986.
- There's a Monster Under My Bed by James Howe. Antheneum, 1986.
- Two Terrible Frights by Jim Aylesworth. Antheneum, 1987.
- Who's Afraid of the Dark? by Crosby Bonsall. Harper and Row, 1985.
- Arthur's Chicken Pox by Marc Brown, Little & Brown, 1994.
- Chris Gets Ear Tubes by Betty Price,
- Eric Needs Stitches by Barbara Marino, Addison-Wesley, 1985.
- The Hospital Book by James Howe. Crown, 1994.
- I've Got the Chicken Pox by True Kelley, Dutton, 1994.
- Are You My Mother by P.D. Eastman (illustrator) Randon House, 1988.
- If I Were Your Mother by Margaret Park Bridges.Morrow Junior Press, 1999.
- I Love You as Much by Laura Krauss Melmed. Tupelo Books, 1988.
- Just Like Daddy by Frank Asch. Aladdin Paperbacks, 1984.
- The Father Who Had 10 Children by Skip Skwarek, Dial Books for Young Readers. 1999.
- What Mommies Do Best, What Daddies Do Best by Laura Joffe Numeroff, Simon and Schuster, 1998
- A Family for Jamie by Suzanne Bloom,Crown, 1991.
- Adoption is for Always by Linda Walvoord Girard, Whitman, 1986.
- Being Adopted by Rosenberg, Lothrop, Lee & Shephard,1984.
- Families are Different by Nina Pellegrini, Holiday House, 1991.
- Twice-Upon-A-Time; Born and Adopted by Elenora Patterson, EP Press, 1987.
- The Good-Bye House by Robin Ballard, Greenwillow,1994.
- I'm Not Moving by Penelope Jones, Bradbury, 1980.
- Maggie Doesn't Want to Move by Elizabeth Lee O'Donnell, Four Winds Press, 1987.
- Moving Molly by Shireley Houghes, Lothrop, Lee & Shepard, 1988.
- My Friend William Moved Away by Martha Whitmore Hickman, Abingdon, 1979.