Before you purchase a child care curriculum to use in your child care or preschool program, take the time to carefully evaluate what is being offered. There are many pre-packaged curriculums out there, but they are not equal. Here are a few questions that you should ask first:
- Is it affordable?
- Is it age appropriate?
- Does it focus on the process rather than a final product?
- Is it adaptable to for children of different abilities?
- Are there open ended crafts and activities?
- Is it based on sound research about child development and education?
- Is it non-biased?
- Are there extension and follow up activities?
- Is it developed by someone with training and expereince in both child care and curriculum design?
- Does it cover many areas of the curriculum?
Learning Foundations Curriculum has all of these features!