Owning and operating a home child care business isn't easy. All too often you find yourself wearing many hats: nurse, chef, chauffeur, teacher, mediator, counselor, bookkeeper, referee... and that's all before morning snack!
Top it off with Marketing and it's enough to make your head spin.
Between fulfilling these many roles and taking care of YOUR family, it's all too easy to allow Marketing to slip to the bottom of your to-do list.
Big mistake! You don't want to drop the ball when it comes to one of the most important aspects of managing your day care business.
Creating an Annual Marketing Calendar to map out your activities for the year will help to ensure that you're able to launch your marketing vehicles in a way that is organized and manageable.
Your calendar becomes your road map for the year. No guess work or hassles, you simply follow the plan.
In fact, this is a great opportunity to take advantage of Seasonal Marketing Peaks.
You greatly improve your chances of success by simply linking your marketing activities to a time of year when prospective clients are most likely to be in need of your services. Thus, positioning your child care as the perfect solution.
The following is just an example of how you can easily take advantage of seasonal peaks and arrange your marketing calendar accordingly:
- January - Launch website & list with online child care directories
- February - Network, volunteer, sponsor, press release or fundraiser
- March - Order T-shirts in time for Spring
- April - Order, create, or repair yard sign
- May - Announce Summer Camp Enrollment
- June - Network, volunteer, sponsor, press release or fundraiser
- July - Notify Child Care Resource & Referral of any upcoming openings
- August - Announce Fall Enrollment
- September - Order business cards for October
- October - Prepare Trick-or-Treat packs (biz card-candy-snack bag)
- November - Announce Drop & Shop services for Christmas
- December - Announce New Years Eve bash services
As you can see, you don't need anything fancy. Keep it as simple as a laundry list using pen and paper, or get a little fancy with your MS Word or Excel program.
It's never to late to implement an Annual Marketing Calendar. No matter what time of year, just start where you are and work your way forward one step at a time towards reaching your marketing goals.
Visit us at http://www.Familychild careMarketing.com for more simple, low-cost marketing resources for your Family child care.
Get Your FREE! weekly subscription to the child care Marketing Minute