Here are some tips to create a newsletter that will inform and involve parents.
- Keep you newsletter brief, under 3 pages is best.
- Include a calendar of important events, closings or celebrations.
- If you serve lunch or snacks, include a menu.
- Use the front page for policy reminders or important announcements.
- Encourage input from both staff and families.
- Include children's artwork.
- Highlight milestones and accomplishments of children and staff.
- Be sure to welcome any newcomers to your program.
Some ideas to consider:
- By inviting parents to write a feature, or post a newsworthy item, you are promoting interest and involvement.
- Newsletters can be a great marketing tool. Share them with prospective families, local agencies and businesses
If you are looking for inspiration...check out these links: