I will try to keep this page updated with current research, data and reports on child development and early childhood education.
- TWO YEARS IN EARLY CARE AND EDUCATION A Community Portrait of Quality and Workforce Stability- Alameda County, California
- Child Care in Poor Communities: Early Learning Effects of Type, Quality, and Stability"
- Preschool Teachers' Play Experiences Then and Now
- The High/Scope Perry Preschool Study Through Age 40: Summary, Conclusions, and Frequently Asked Questions
- The Impact of Early Childhood Leadership Training on Role Perceptions, Job Performance, and Career Decisions
- Are imaginary friends good for children?
- Malnutrition In Early Years Leads To Low IQ And Later Antisocial Behavior
- Infants, Children Prefer Sounds Over Pictures And Only Slowly Become Visually Oriented, Studies Find
- Toddlers' Imitation Predicts Well-Developed Conscience
- Infants Learn To Fill In Perceptual Gaps By 4 Months
- UCLA Brain Researchers Uncover New Clues To SIDS
- Tufts University Research Shows TV Carries Messages That Influence Infants' Behavior
- Autism: Why do some develop then regress?
- Infants may offer clues to language development
- Researcher Links Storytelling And Mathematical Ability
- New Research Provides the First Solid Evidence that the Study of Music Promotes Intellectual Development
Reports and Data
- Key Facts About American Children
- Computer Use in Preschools: Directors' Reports of the State of the Practice
- Cost of providing quality preschool education to America's 3- and 4-year olds