Skip to content
4 Tips For Promoting Your Center
- Put a large colorful sign wherever you can. Don't forget strollers or wagons, as a place to put signs.
- Have something for a parent who takes a tour to take home with them as a reminder of their visit. This may be a bookmark, pencil with your logo or a copy of the most recent newsletter.
- Distribute your newsletter to local businesses, visitors, and welcome wagon organizations.
- Rent a small mall kiosk where you can show an informational video and distribute pamplets.
6 Considerations for Choosing Training
- What are the state regulations?
- What age group does staff member work with?
- Do they need general information or more advanced content?
- What are their interests?
- Can you determine need through observation and evaluation?
- Do they have a balance of training in the basic areas? Child Development; Working with Families; Professionalism; Health and Safety; Curriculum; Planning; Discipline and Management;Diversity?
7 Ideas for Staff Recruitment
- Post openings at college placement offices.
- Offer incentives to employees for finding appropriate candidates.
- Attend job fairs.
- Inform local education professors of openings.
- Promote substitutes and volunteers.
- Serve as a laboratory school for local college.
- Invite open applications.
8 Strategies for Successful Staff Meetings
- Distribute a proposed agenda beforehand. This allows attendees to be prepared and plan for questions or contributions.
- If there is new staff, be sure to devote time for introductions or icebreaker activities.
- Set aside some time for the sharing of ideas.
- Offer an incentive for promptness.
- Open up the "Suggestion Box" or "Venting Jar".
- Encourage staff to present/report on trainings or conferences they have attended.
- Show a video rather than making a speech on a training topic.
- Vary the location of the meeting (different classroom, or maybe after hours at a coffee shop).
Product has been added to your wishlist.
You can view your wishlist by creating or login account.
Please create account through ##customer_email## email